3 Businesses That Need Staffing Liability Insurance

Depending on what type of business you own, you may need to get some type of staff insurance. Any business that places workers needs to consider getting this new type of policy. 3 businesses that need to consider getting this insurance include:

  1. Independent Contractors – An independent contractor is a person, business or organization that provides a service to another business entity. A business that places independent contractors within another business needs to have staff insurance so they are not liable for the actions of the contractor they placed or the business they placed them in.
  2. Payrolling Services – If your business provides payrolling services for another business, you need to get staffing liability insurance. You are providing a service, and another worker, for a different business, so you have to make sure that you aren’t liable for what that business does.
  3. Professional Employer Organizations – This type of organization provides employee management services like benefits, payroll and workers’ compensation. This means that another business is entrusting your business with its employee’s money. Without insurance you are financially liable if the investments go poorly.

There are many other businesses that also need to consider getting staff insurance. Any business that provides a service or workers for another business should do the appropriate research to see if this type of insurance will benefit them. If you’re not sure if you need this type of liability insurance, talk to an insurance agent today to get more information.