Owning a boat means you can enjoy time away from the stress of the city and unwind out on the water, but when temperatures drop you need to know how to take care of your boat. To help you understand how to tarp a boat for winter, we’ve provided some tips based on the information found at http://www.merrimacins.com.
Follow These Guidelines
Protecting your boat during winter is important so that you don’t have to do major repairs once the weather warms up. Here are seven tips to help you do that:
- Make sure you have enough tarp to cover the boat
- Use a stepladder to prop up the tarp and prevent sagging from water or snow
- Be careful of sharp edges to prevent tears in the tarp
- Place sand in one-gallon containers and hang from the grommets to easily duck under the tarp and keep it secure
- Don’t make it airtight or mildew may form
- Consider using a battery-powered radio to prevent animals from taking up residence
- Cover cowls with a cotton cloth for added protection
Is Your Boat Ready for Winter?
When you know how to tarp a boat for winter, you can keep your vessel in tip-top shape so that it’s ready to go once spring arrives. All you have to do is follow the tips above and alter them to fit your boat.