Three Important Coverages For New Business Owners

As a new business owner, finding the insurance coverage that’s right for you can be a challenge. Working with a carrier with experience in Glen Rock commercial liability and other forms of business insurance can ensure that you get the coverage you need. Here are three of the most basic coverages that you should expect to include in your policy.

Property Insurance

Property insurance protects your physical and digital assets against damage or loss. Items such as your building, office furniture, equipment and data on your computers can all be covered. In case of a fire, certain storms, vandalism or theft, your policy would cover the cost to repair or replace them.

Commercial Liability Insurance

Commercial liability protects you in case a lawsuit is filed against you by a 3rd party claiming that they sustained bodily injury or property damage because of your business. Your policy would cover your legal expenses and any settlement amounts from such a case.

Workers Compensation Insurance

Depending on the number of employees you have, workers compensation may be a requirement. It covers you and your employees in case one of them is injured on the job. Your policy would cover their medical expenses as well as any lost wages while they’re unable to work.

As you continue your search for Glen Rock commercial liability insurance, don’t forget about the other coverages you’ll need to protect your business. An experienced agent can ensure that your policy is customized to fit your exact needs.