In the internet age, cyber security is on every business owner’s mind. In addition to investing in security measures, most also invest in Carmel cyber risk insurance. This insurance helps protect against data breach.
What Compromises Data Security?
Some people think that hackers usually compromise a company’s data security. The truth is that most data breaches occur on site. The following business practices put companies at risk:
- Personal information stored on the cloud or other servers
- Transferring personal civilian, employee or any other data across e-mail or the cloud
- Storing personal information in unsecured file cabinets
- Taking part in e-commerce by processing payments online and collecting credit card data
- Allow vendors or partners to see personal information
What Does Cyber Liability Cover?
Carmel cyber liability insurance protects against expenses due to a data breach. These expenses may include:
- Crisis management
- Investigation expenses
- Content liability
- Data breach liability
- Notification expenses
- Business Interruption
How Do You Protect Your Business?
There are laws protecting civilians and employees against data breach. Data breach liability is expensive when you are not insured. To protect yourself on top of your insurance, you can take a few steps to keep your data safe. First, encrypt sensitive data so that it’s difficult for thieves to access. Second, update your software regularly. Another tip is to train your employees in data security.
Data breaches can happen. Fortunately, Carmel cyber risk insurance protects against potential damages.